Gryphon provides a Python GUI interface for viewing graphs created using the Monterey Phoenix V4 trace-generator. Gryphon is similar to the Firebird web-based GUI at https://firebird.nps.edu/. Here are some differences:
- Gryphon runs as a stand-alone application along with the trace generator and does not access the Internet. Firebird runs in the Browser and requires the Server to run the trace-generator.
- Each may have some differences in features and appearance.
Installing MP Gryphon
Please see Installing MP Gryphon.
Here is an example screenshot of the Gryphon GUI showing graph 4 scope 1 for MP code example 45, martian lander, with line
SHOW ACTIVITY DIAGRAM Landing; added to the bottom to additionally show the activity diagram:
Click on the Open button and under Open Example | Preloaded Examples select one of the examples, for example select Example 5 Car Race. Choose Scope one to bound the scope of trace generation to one, then click Run . The MP code text is shown on the left, the selected trace is shown in the middle, and the list of generated traces along with any global view is shown on the right. From here, browse through, sort, and filter generated traces. Click on items in the main graph. Try out the toolbar and menu options. Modify the MP code and re-run the trace generator. Click Help menu for more information.
- MP home page: https://wiki.nps.edu/display/MP/Monterey+Phoenix+Home
- MP Language manual v4: https://wiki.nps.edu/download/attachments/604667916/MP2-syntax-v4.pdf?api=v2
- Firebird web-based GUI: https://firebird.nps.edu/, https://staging.firebird.nps.edu